Thursday, February 25, 2021
13 Rajab 1442
|Asr||4:04 PM||5:15 PM|
|Isha||7:49 PM||8:15 PM|
Friday, February 26, 2021
14 Rajab 1442
|Asr||4:04 PM||5:15 PM|
|Isha||7:50 PM||8:15 PM|
Masjid Omar Bin Abdul Aziz955 Harbins Road
Lilburn, GA 30047
COVID-19 Vaccine locations and resources in GeorgiaFriday, February 12, 2021 11:10 am
Georgia Vaccine Plan
Below is the detailed plan for distribution and administration of the COVID-19 vaccine in Georgia.
Free Grocery DistributionMonday, January 11, 2021 6:53 pm
Calibrating Our CompassTuesday, December 22, 2020 4:27 pm
DON'T DESPAIR OF THE MERCY OF ALLAHTuesday, November 24, 2020 11:54 am
Zoom Series for Sisters - Lives of the ProphetsMonday, November 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Get your COVID-19 Test @ No CostTuesday, November 17, 2020 1:58 pm
Miracles Of the Prophet Muhammad SAWTuesday, October 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Prophetic Seerah SeriesWednesday, October 14, 2020 4:00 pm
The short story of Al-Hussain Bin AliMonday, August 24, 2020 9:53 pm
Learn and Grow Together SeriesMonday, August 24, 2020 9:44 pm
1ST MUHARRAM 1442 [Thursday, August 20th, 2020]Thursday, August 20, 2020 7:00 pm
We welcome the new Islamic calendar year which starts today, Thursday, the 1st day of Muharram, 1442 corresponding to August 20, 2020.
We encourage everyone to fast on the 10th day of Muharram (the Day of Ashura) which will fall on Saturday, August 29th. The preferred Sunnah is to fast the day before or the day after with it.
Ibn Abbas (ra) said: “I do not know Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) singling out any day's fast and considering it more excellent than another, except this day (the Day of Ashura) and this month, meaning the month of Ramadan. (Muslim)
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) also said, “For fasting the Day of Ashura, I hope that Allah will accept it as expiation for the previous year.” (Muslim)
Before the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) left this world, he expressed his desire, that if is alive next year, he would fast a day before or the day after the Day of Ashura.
Sunday and Daily Evening School @ MasjidOmarWednesday, August 5, 2020 3:08 pm
Masjid Guidelines and RestrictionsMonday, July 27, 2020 5:17 pm
Juma Prayer Suspended until further noticeThursday, July 16, 2020 12:21 pm
Juma Prayer at Masjid Omar Suspended until further notice.
Due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in Georgia, unfortunately, Juma Prayer at Masjid Omar Bin Abdul Aziz is temporarily being suspended until further notice. However, the Masjid will remain open for 5 daily prayers with guidelines and restrictions in full effect. We will keep you updated. We apologize for any inconvenience. May Allah (SWT) forgive and protect all of us! Ameen!
Masjid Omar Bin Abdul Aziz
Method of Eid Salah and Eid KhutbahsFriday, May 22, 2020 12:17 pm
Hifz Enrollment 20-21Tuesday, May 19, 2020 9:47 am
Message to our communitySunday, March 22, 2020 10:17 pm
How to Lead Jumu'ah SalahThursday, March 19, 2020 9:06 pm
Duas for Sicknesses Viruses and DiseasesWednesday, March 18, 2020 3:35 pm
Announcement Regarding Jumu’ah and Daily SalahsFriday, March 13, 2020 12:31 pm
Assalamu Alaikum dear community members,
Due to the Novel Corona Virus outbreak and in the interest of everyone’s health and well-being, Masjid Omar bin Abdul Aziz management has decided the following until further notice:
- Masjid will be open for daily prayers for those who are willing to perform Salah at the Masjid. However, the daily Salah schedule will not be followed until further notice. Everyone is advised to perform their own Salah or in a small group and leave.
- Everyone must bring their own prayer rug if they are willing to come to the Masjid.
- Everyone must wash their hands when they come to the Masjid and again before they leave.
- Elderly and those with chronic illness or with weak immune systems should not come to Masjid for any Salah including Jumu’ah Salah.
- We encourage everyone to limit their appearance in public places such as Masjid.
- We will perform the 1st Jumu’ah today (03/13/2020) at 2 pm. Please visit www.masjidomar.org for the following Jumu’ah prayers later this week.
- We will not have 2nd Jumu’ah until further notice.
- We encourage everyone to perform their daily Salahs and Jumu’ah Salah in following few weeks at home, workplaces and businesses. The minimum number to perform Jumu’ah Salah is three people and one Imam/Khateeb.
- We advise everyone to read the following two Declarations for more clarity on the issue.
Monthly Qur'an Recitation - Followed by story from the Qur'anFriday, February 7, 2020 12:56 pm
A Message from the Founding Members of The Atlanta Mosque, Inc.Friday, January 24, 2020 3:41 pm
A message from the founding members of The Atlanta Mosque, Inc.
* Prophet SeerahEvery Tuesday at 7:30 pm on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 863 5276 3696
MOHID is Masjid Omar Bin Abdul Aziz's preferred method of accepting donations/payments.
Please write a check to “Masjid Omar” and either put it within a donation box at the masjid or mail it to:Masjid Omar Bin Abdul Aziz
955 Harbins Road
Lilburn, GA 30047
And every human being's destiny have We tied to his neck; and on the Day of Resurrection We shall bring forth for him a record which he will find wide open;”
You may also listen previous tafseer here